sync services 2.0 provisioning a table within a sync scope and getting a timeout RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure a database for sync scoping in a collaboration scenario.   I am using SqlSyncScopeProvisioning.  I have one table that has about 4 million records in it.  When I apply sync provisioning to the scope I am using which includes this table, I get the following error from the Apply method:  'The Sql Transaction has completed; it is no longer usable '.  Basically, the provisioning is timing out for this table.  Is there an alternate method of creating the tracking for this table, or am I missing something here.  Is there a manual method for creating the syncing structures for a table in a particular scope?  Or is there a fix for this particular issue?  Or could someone explain to me the steps that are happening when this method provisions a table for syncing?  Is there a threshold for the number of records you can have in a table before you can provision it?    Thanks for your help! 
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:02 PM

Answers

• This is a issue when tables with large amount of rows are provisioned. We are planning to fix this issue in next release.

To work around this issue, you could reduce the number of rows in the table at the provision time and insert the rows later after provision is done.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:08 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• This is a issue when tables with large amount of rows are provisioned. We are planning to fix this issue in next release.

To work around this issue, you could reduce the number of rows in the table at the provision time and insert the rows later after provision is done.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 5:08 PM
    Answerer
  • Do you know around how many rows it takes to reach the threshold of this error?

Do you guys have a time table for the next release?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:15 PM
  • It depends on many facts such the size of the rows, the speed of the machine that hosts the SQL Server, etc. The default SqlCommand timeout is 30 seconds. In the next release, a Timeout property will be exposed for customer to set the SqlCommand timeout value.

Thanks,

Dong

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:41 PM
  • Hi Dong,

I am having same issue. Have you guys fix this issue yet?

Harry

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:38 AM
  • a CommandTimeOut property has been exposed in Sync Fx 2.1.

see this link for the provisioning timeout property. You can set the same during sync as well.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:35 AM