Issue while validating stages in Business Process Flow using Plug-in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have written a plugin in pre-operation of update event of "stepname" attribute of an opportunity entity to validate BPF fields. I need to make sure that when user is changing stage then the fields in the BPF must contain some specific values. and if user enters wrong values then the Plugin should throw an error message. 

Currently, the Plugin shows the error but only for the first time when i click on "Next stage" or i save the record after i clicked "Next Stage". if i click on "Next stage" again without clearing errors, it does not show any error and it proceeds to next stage. but second time, instead of clicking "Next stage", if i save the record it shows the error message again. Don't know why its happening !

For Eg:

I have entered wrong values in BPF fields and click on "Next Stage", the error prompted, but if i did not clear wrong values and click on "Next stage" it allows me to proceed to Next stage. instead, if clicked on Save then it throws an error.

Am I missing something?

altogether, I want to restrict user to only enter specific values in BPF fields while proceeding to "Next Stage".
    Monday, April 21, 2014 2:43 PM