New Error Since Vista SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Installed Vista SP1 successfully...Since that installation, i get a popup every couple hours (~10) telling me that I need to check my local machine time (time is fine) and/or renew (I am current)?

Looking at OneCare log I see the following:

2/24/2008 2:24 PM Failed with Error 8004882E while renewing Monitoring Certs for User Administrator

2/24/2008 2:23 PM Failed with Error 8004882E while renewing Monitoring Certs for User Administrator

2/24/2008 2:22 PM Failed with Error 8004882E while renewing Monitoring Certs for User Administrator

2/24/2008 2:21 PM Failed with Error 8004882E while renewing Monitoring Certs for User Administrator

May be presumptuous to blame on SP1 but it is the only change I have made. Operationally, OneCare seems to be functioning fine?

Version 2.0.2500.22
    DEF - 1.27.7019.0
    FW - 1.2.30.118

Suggestions appreciated...thanks

Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• If your date and time are correct and you are encountering this problem, please contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, February 25, 2008 2:36 AM
  •  

I have Vista U x64 and after installing SP1 I don't see OneCare in the system tray anymore.  In fact, for a few minutes I thought SP1 uninstalled OneCare from my PC but that wasn't the case.
    Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:18 PM
  •  MattLL wrote:

I have Vista U x64 and after installing SP1 I don't see OneCare in the system tray anymore.  In fact, for a few minutes I thought SP1 uninstalled OneCare from my PC but that wasn't the case.

This thread, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3023834&SiteID=2, isn't involving SP1, but a fresh Vista install. However, the suggestion solution may still be the way to go - that is, reinstall OneCare and/or contact support. Visit that thread for details.

-steve

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:46 AM
  • Just a few comments one the errors above are from old certificate data in internet Options You can resolve them by making sure you have all the certificate security updates recently provided in Windows update and Clear the SSL cashe in internet Options under the content tab.

I've installed SP1 with no Issues Mind you I only have 3 3rd party apps to worry about all Microsoft products including Windows Live One Care running fine.

Note: on Windows Event Viewer There are 1,689 flagged events in Vista sp1 that sqeaked by final testing It'll be a few weeks to get everyone caught up on issues with a veriety of issues from drivers to software. No 2 computers are the same everyone has there own thing going on. It'll be a few weeks to get the new bugs & conflicts worked out. 

Thanks 

Windows Vista SP1 working great here So far.   

Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:03 PM