Windows Live Care turns off Windows Firewall even though Windows Live Care Firewall is not chosen RRS feed

• Question

• My Windows Live Care (2.5.2900) turns off Windows Vista (Home Premium) Firewall even though Windows Live Care Firewall is not chosen.  I would like to use Windows Live Care for it other features but not its firewall feature - I'd rather use windows vista firewall.  What must I do to keep from Windows Live Care from turning off Windows Vista Firewall?
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 3:27 PM

Answers

• There is no practical way to do this. The expectation is that you will use the One Care firewall so One Care will continue to turn off the Windows firewall.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 4:01 PM

All replies

• There is no practical way to do this. The expectation is that you will use the One Care firewall so One Care will continue to turn off the Windows firewall.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 4:01 PM
  • Jim's answer is correct.  However, if you can suffer through using the OneCare firewall for a few more months, the new free anti-malware only product (code name Morro) that Microsoft will be releasing later this year won't even have a firewall.  Since this will basically be the same engines and detections used by OneCare, the protection should be equivalent, just leaner and with no extra features.

To read more about this, see the 'Announcement 11-18-08' thread at the top of this forum.

OneCareBear
    Windows OneCare Forum Moderator
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:03 PM