3 Windows XP Pro Sp3 systems cannot change resolution. HELP RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client with 20 HP DT Business Class PC's with XP Pro and all are Sp3. They were fine one day. First one then another and then then another reset the screen to 640x480 and I cannot change the resolution. They are all identical hardware. Nvidia 6150 Video. They have all been scanned and have no malware, etc. We tried uninstall teh video driver and reinstalling it from the origional one, installing the newest driver form Nvidia and then the latest one form HP to no avail.  We tried restoring a system to a week earlier to no avail. We have tried using the admin user rather than a "user" rights logon an dagain no ability to cange the res. Any Ideas? At this point I feel it is some MS update as that ia all that may have install overnight on all 3 PC's.
    Friday, October 8, 2010 2:41 AM

All replies

• "ComputerDoctor" wrote in message news:56a264b1-ef16-4f82-ae98-9eed7dd5a5c8...
    I have a client with 20 HP DT Business Class PC's with XP Pro and all are Sp3. They were fine one day. First one then another and then then another reset the screen to 640x480 and I cannot change the resolution. They are all identical hardware. Nvidia 6150 Video. They have all been scanned and have no malware, etc. We tried uninstall teh video driver and reinstalling it from the origional one, installing the newest driver form Nvidia and then the latest one form HP to no avail.  We tried restoring a system to a week earlier to no avail. We have tried using the admin user rather than a "user" rights logon an dagain no ability to cange the res. Any Ideas? At this point I feel it is some MS update as that ia all that may have install overnight on all 3 PC's.

This is not a good place to post technical troubleshooting questions - please repost your problem in the Answers forum for XP repair -

Good Luck
    --

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Noel D Paton Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:08 PM
    Friday, October 8, 2010 6:54 AM