Question regarding CMD Command Processor Autorun function RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings all,

I would like to request some advice regarding where to post the folowing question.
    Thank you in advance.

Windows XP Professional
    Build 2600.xpsp.080413-2111 (service pack3)

I am currently exploring the usage of Cygwin with a minimalistic Windows XP image
    I want to let the bash shell start when running cmd.exe without replacing it and opening cmd.exe itself after closing the shell.
    This should be possible with the command processor line but for some reason I can't get it to work 100%

My current line is as follows for hkey local hkey current with autorun as REG_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ
    C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe

When executing cmd.exe The commandprompt comes to the front the line changes to bash-3.2$  some commands can be processed like pwd  but other vital commands are not reconized example ps -e

The strange part is that these commands are avaible when I remove the autorun line and can work simultaneously
    When watching my processes I notice that both methods invoke the exact same programs.

Bash.exe invokes parent cmd.exe which is tied to lsass.exe crss.exe and bash.exe

Am I asking to much of cmd and regedit or am I just overlooking a vital step?
    On side note is it possible to make the specific string immutable?

Thank you in advanced.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 1:27 AM

Answers

All replies