vista tells me something has changed or modified and only allows me to close it at start up RRS feed

• Question

• iv read the blogs about how i could be having validation issues, but my internet wont work. i cant access anything because both my wireless and wireline connections do not work. i have very important school documentation on this computer and i need to get it off. please help

i am also using a different computer right now to send this message, so the info does not apply

Friday, April 11, 2008 9:44 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I do not fully understand,

~ Do you believe that a Validation issue is causing Vista to not access the internet? Because there are no Validation issue, that I have ever seen, that would stop you from accessing the internet.

or

~ Do you believe you are having a Validation issue And you are also having an (un-related) issue with accessing the internet?

For me to diagnos any Validation issue, I will need a Diagnostic Report from the computer experiencing the issue.

To run the Diagnostic Tool (MgaDiag.exe) on the computer that doesn't have internet access, you will first need to download the tool at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 using the computer that Does have internet access.

Next, copy the MgaDiag.exe file onto a removable storage device or media (such as a USB Thumb Drive, CD, DVD, Floppy disk or so on).

Boot up computer that doesn't have internet access and insert the storage device or media.

a) If you have access to the Start button, then move the MgaDiag.exe file on to your desktop.   

b) If you do Not have access to the start button, the click the option that opens an internet browser and type: c:\ This will open a Windows Explorer window. Use this window to navigate to the storage device or media and move the MgaDiag.exe file on to your desktop

Double-click the MgaDiag.exe file, (located on your desktop) and when the Diagnostic Tool launches, Click "Continue" click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button.

Now launch the Internet Browser again and this time type: %windir%\system32\notepad.exe This will launch the Notpad program. Paste the Diagnostic Report into Notepad and then save the notepad file to your desktop named "DiagReport1.txt"

Move the DiagReport1.txt file to the storage device or media, move the storage back to the computer with internet access, open the DiagReport1.txt file, copy the Diagnostic Report, return to this forum thread and paste the Diagnostic Report into a reply post.

Thank you,

Darin WGA Forum Manager

Friday, April 11, 2008 9:37 PM