Thinking of Buying OneCare RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Q: I am thinking about buying "Windows Live OneCare" but if I buy version 1.5 or 1.6 from my local shop and active it will this allow me to use 2.0 when its released?

Saturday, August 18, 2007 9:54 PM

Answers

• Yes, all subscribers who'se accounts are current at the time of version 2.0 release will be upgraded automatically.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 10:49 PM

All replies

• Yes, all subscribers who'se accounts are current at the time of version 2.0 release will be upgraded automatically.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 10:49 PM
  • Thanks for the fast reply.

Does this mean if I subscribe in "Sept 2007" using version 1.5 or 1.6 that I can use version 2.0 or any newer version so long as I keep my subscription active?

Thanks

Sunday, August 19, 2007 9:22 PM
  • If your intention is to use the beta 2.0, you can just wait until the trial expires and then purchase a subscription.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 9:45 PM
  • No I was wonting to subscribe to the newest version of OneCare when its out of the beta stages but the retail version at my local PC store as eather version 1.5 or 1.6.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:11 PM
  • One Care version 1.6 is the only version that can be purchased right now. If you purchase a subscription to version 1.6 you will automatically be upgraded to each new version when it is released. One Care 2.0 will be in beta for a few more months and can't be purchased but if you subscribe to version 1.6 you will be automatically upgraded to version 2.0 when 2.0 is released as a finished product at the end of the beta period.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:19 PM
  • OK juist the answer I was looking for thanks, I will buy this program.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:22 PM
  • Whatever CD you purchase, if you insert it to install on your PC, it will still connect to the OneCare servers to download the latest version.

The exception is that a version 1.0 CD cannot be installed on Vista and a 1.0 or 1.5 CD cannot be installed on Vista X64.

Once you have the retail CD and product key, you can always install the latest version from http://onecare.live.com and then activate using the retail product key.

-steve

Monday, August 20, 2007 12:16 AM