Help RRS feed

• Question

• My One Care is showing a red bubble and it will not let me fix, repair etc... the virus spyware monitoring.  If I uninstall One Care will I have to pay all over again for it when I reinstall or will it recognize that I still have 3 months left in my subscription.  I do not have a disk to reinstall with I originally downloaded everything from the website.

• Moved by JimR1Moderator Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:54 AM (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Spyware)
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Try the virus and spyware repair tool - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareanti-virus/thread/0c3905ab-672e-41c4-9be8-8f0f1636f123 If the repair tool does not resolve the problem you could reinstall from the One Care website but it would be better to contact support for help. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:54 AM
  • You may also want to check your computer date/time - 

Right click the clock in the system tray. Select Adjust Date and Time.

Verify and correct the month, day, year, hour, minutes and time zone.

Reboot if you changed any of the above.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:05 PM
  • Hi,

to resolve your issue with onecare please check if you have third party software.

or

you can try to open command prompt
    click on START then click run trype in cmd
    on the command prompt box please type in cd\ then press enter
    type in "cd program files " (do not include the quotation mark) press enter
    type in on the same line "cd microsoft windows onecare live" (do not include the quotation mark) press enter
    you should have --- C:\program files\microsoft windows onecare live\:> -----
    type in "regsvr32 providers.dll" (do not include the quotation mark) press enter, wait for the window that will comeup that says successfully registered
    Then RESTART the computer.. :) good luck

Monday, March 29, 2010 3:26 AM