Update unable to switch on when connected to SBS2003 Group Policy RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed Onecare 2 on 2 Vista Business machines and one works perfectly. The other however has a RED status and says I should switch on the AUTOMATIC UPDATES. when I try to do this it says it is unable to do this due to the group policy.
    It is connected to a SBS 2003 network and the network has WSUS 3.0 running the updates.

Any ideas how to clear this error state from OneCare 2.0

Thanks

Andrew
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:50 PM

Answers

• You can't, unfortunately. OneCare wants Automatic Updated to be turned on and set to install automatically.

I'm not familiar with configuring WSUS in the SBS environment, but if it turns off Windows Automatic Updates or configures it to anything other than download and install (immediate or at a scheduled time) you will see this warning.

-steve

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:19 AM

All replies

• You can't, unfortunately. OneCare wants Automatic Updated to be turned on and set to install automatically.

I'm not familiar with configuring WSUS in the SBS environment, but if it turns off Windows Automatic Updates or configures it to anything other than download and install (immediate or at a scheduled time) you will see this warning.

-steve

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:19 AM
  • Steve

I just ran into the same thing here

I posted on the News Group about this

Would should have a way for WLOC to know that WSUS in controlling updates now

Maybe WLOC group can contact the WSUS group and come up with a fix

I guess this one can be added to the Wish List

We will just now have to continue to open one care console to see if any thing else is causing the RED

Thanks

Tom
    Thomas R Grassi Jr
    Monday, January 5, 2009 10:11 PM