won't accept my id or password... RRS feed

• Question

•  

This program is driving me crazy...it hasn't finished installing because it keeps saying that either my ID or password are incorrect...even though I was very careful and wrote that information down To be certain that I had done everything correctly I uninstalled and re-installed and it keeps saying the same thing...I have spent about seven hours trying to get this thing going....I've had Panda before without any problems...Now my computer runs slower than ever...and it doesn't help that the only 'help' is online...I would like to find out the benefits of having Live care but so far its been nothing but absolute annoyance and frustration....not user friendly

Friday, November 28, 2008 2:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm having that problem as well. I uninstalled and re-installed.  I even asked for a chage of password, making sure to write the new one down.  I went as far as trying to login to the Windows Support with my ID and password (a way of checking to see if that was the problem), but as you can see I'm here and I still can't get the passed the signin with Live OneCare. That was yesterday (Nov. 27, 2008).  Today, I tried again to login to complete the Live OneCare install.  I got the following error message: "Signing in was unsuccessful because of a error.  Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet, and try again later.  If a problem persists, contact support.  Error code: 80048265."  I thought perhaps the the server was down for maintenance yesterday.  That's why I tried a day later.  There is no phone number to talk to a live human being to get this problem resolved quickly.  Can someone please help? Anything would be most appreciated.

I'm going to post this message again but under the error code 80048265.

Friday, November 28, 2008 2:45 PM
  • Hello Happy Vally and kia-ora, send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line to jrap107@msn.com and I will help you contact support

Friday, November 28, 2008 3:45 PM
  • If you have a subscription for OneCare and you are trying to activate on another install or you are trying to purchase a subscription - and you are encountering an error about an incorrect ID/Password when logging in with a valid LiveID (http://account.live.com) change your password to be 8 characters or less.

If you are still unable to activate OneCare or subscribe, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:58 PM