MCITP Questions RRS feed

• Question

• I am going to start working on the windows 7 Certification asap. Is it best to take all 3 exams for the two certifications or should I just focus on the Enterprise cert?  After that I am thinking of working on the MCITP on Server 2008 then SQL Database Administration.

As I have posted before, I am stuck in Desktop support and at 41 years old, that sucks.

Lastly do you guys feel having copies of the software/ OS to work with in a virtual environment along with the Self paced study guides will be enough to pass the exams. YES it is better to be able to work with this stuff in a real environment, but I don't know of any employers that allow desktop technicians to work on servers....or should I say I have yet to find one  :-)

Thank you all for your impute, have a great holiday season.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would take the exam you feel you have the most experience in/most confidence in.  Then look at your next step.

Hope this helps,

Ozzy Geoff

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:04 PM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:05 PM
  • Hi,

good luck with all your exam plans. Having a virtual environment is already a great step and it helps. But it is a lot of work to get the experience you need. But I would not say, that it is not possible. I played around a lot at home, too (Small network with just 4 clients but doing a lot that is simply not required e.g. a clear "Lifecycle Management" with unattended setup of a client, software distribution and all these things).

In my eyes it is really important to have a good playground so you can really play around with policies, AD, ... Just reading a book is normaly not enough to pass an exam.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:05 PM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:12 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

I would take the exam you feel you have the most experience in/most confidence in.  Then look at your next step.

Hope this helps,

Ozzy Geoff

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:04 PM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:05 PM
  • Hi,

good luck with all your exam plans. Having a virtual environment is already a great step and it helps. But it is a lot of work to get the experience you need. But I would not say, that it is not possible. I played around a lot at home, too (Small network with just 4 clients but doing a lot that is simply not required e.g. a clear "Lifecycle Management" with unattended setup of a client, software distribution and all these things).

In my eyes it is really important to have a good playground so you can really play around with policies, AD, ... Just reading a book is normaly not enough to pass an exam.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, December 9, 2010 8:05 PM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:12 PM
    Answerer