CRM 2011 Printing from Report Viewer Crashes IE11 With Error Message RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer who is piloting the use of CRM 2011 UR11 using IE11 on a Windows 7 computer.  I have recently read that IE11 is not compatible with CRM 2011 until UR17.  CRM seems to be working fine with the exception of the Report Viewer Print Button, which will not allow the user to print.  She receives the below error message and then IE crashes and reloads. The reports fail whether be CRM report or an SSRS report.

Error Message

iexplore.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x44f27e7a referenced memory at 0x00000070. the memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

My company does not have any intentions of updating CRM 2011 but they want to move to IE11.  I have tried to put IE11 in Emulation IE 10 and added the URL to the compatibility view with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve the print issue?  

Thank you in advance,
    Chrys

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hello Chrys,

Few things to do here

1. Try disabling Add-Ons if any on IE using the Add-On Manager
    2. Try adding your reportviewer site / CRM site into IE trusted sites.
    3. Try adding your reportviewer site / CRM site into IE compatibility view settings.
    4. or last option would be try re installing RSClientPrint2008  ActiveX control

Hope it helps!

Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:23 AM
  • Unfortunately, all of these options had been done and did not resolve the issue.  IE has been upgraded to 11 to all users in the office.  Although, the users cannot print directly from CRM, they can export and print from a chosen application (Word, Excel, etc).  Now that the upgrade has been done, we are discovering another issue, which I will create another thread.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:33 PM