none
msg registered IFilter not found

Question

• Running W10 & Office 365

I have a few files that are msg type - these are not being indexed by WDS. On the Indexing Options File Types the msg box is ticked and Registered Ifilter is not found.

I have downloaded, from a Microsoft site the msg Ifilter and installed which reported a success. The indexing option still report the same message. I have ran scanpst - re-index WDS, un-installed msg Ifilter, re-booted, Ran CCleaner on the registry, re-installed the Ifilter AND still i have the same problem.

Please any new ideas.

Doc

Sorry if this is the wrong forum - I was directed here by Microsoft Community 

Their post

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to post your question in the MSDN Forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on such issues. I suggest you to refer to the following link to reach out to them and post your query there:

Delete forum address

Have a great day

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, October 09, 2015 2:00 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, September 02, 2015 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

I'd ask in the Windows 10 IT Pro forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 8:57 PM