Need to login to Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I guess this is not the right place, but the regular MS community doesn't seem to have any 'ask question' button. If I want to contact a MS staff member personally they want to charge me €73 for it??!!! How can a company like Microsoft possibly have such a major flaw in their website? Unbelievable.

Anyway, the thing want to ask/mention is the fact that I just tried to install Windows 8.1 on my computer (a different one than the one I'm typing on right now), and after installing and configuring most stuff, it asks me to login with my MS account, or create one if you don't have an account yet. Or to put it more specifically, it FORCES me to do so if I want to continue. Problem is, I don't have internet on that pc, and frankly I don't want to login with my MS account. I'd prefer to keep the little remaining privacy I have left with Win 8.0.

So, I just filled in some random stuff, hoping it would let me continue, and it got stuck trying to login. After half an hour my patience ran out and I had only one option: turing off my pc and rebooting. So I did, and it told me 'can't install Win8.1, reverting to previous version' which took yet another half hour or so. All in all, hours have gone down the drain..

I hope an MS employee sees this, because this pisses me off and needs to be fixed. The least they could do is tell us "Upgrade to Win 8.1 for free. Oh by the way, you need to login so make sure you've set up an internet connection beforehand"..

Why oh why do I need to login to be able to install Win 8.1???!!!

Friday, November 22, 2013 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You really do need to ask in the Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.

In that forum, click "Participate" in the header, and "Ask a question"

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

• Edited by Just Karl Friday, November 22, 2013 10:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Saturday, December 7, 2013 5:51 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 10:11 PM