locked
CRM 2011 Error importing unmanaged solution on premise RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have an unmanaged solution that we have built all of our customizations into during development. When I update this solution from dev to test the account entity fails on import. The error message is in german as it's the base language 'Für die Entität wurden ungültige Felder angegeben', which translated is 'The specified entity has invalid attributes'.

    This solution has imported previously without errors, so I removed the last few attributes I created, and tryed re-importing.

    I also have some managed solutions that sit on top of the unmanged, so I tried uninstalling these, before updated

    I'm now not sure where to look to find the invalid attribute, and why it could be invalid if it works in my development solution along side the same managed solutions.

    Thanks in advance,

    JdZ

    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:41 AM

Answers

  • We found the problem...

    The following events happenned

    • In dev we have a custom attribute of type picklist
    • We imported this solution to test
    • In dev we deleted this attribute, then recreated it as type boolean.
    • We then tried to update test, from dev, and the error occurred.

    We had to remove the attribute in out test, then re-import the dev solution and it worked.

    Makes sense in hindsight, but would have been good if the specific attribute was named

    • Marked as answer by JdZ Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:44 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:44 PM

All replies

  • Enable the trace while importing unmanaged solution. It might show exact error !!!!

    Here is the link to KB article that explains how to enable trace

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907490

     

    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:39 AM
  • We found the problem...

    The following events happenned

    • In dev we have a custom attribute of type picklist
    • We imported this solution to test
    • In dev we deleted this attribute, then recreated it as type boolean.
    • We then tried to update test, from dev, and the error occurred.

    We had to remove the attribute in out test, then re-import the dev solution and it worked.

    Makes sense in hindsight, but would have been good if the specific attribute was named

    • Marked as answer by JdZ Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:44 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:44 PM