none
A fatal error has occurred HRESULT=0x8007000e. Error Code=0x0.

Question

• In Visual Studio 2005 I am getting this error intermettenly when debugging my application:

A fatal error has occurred and debugging needs to be terminated.  For more details, please

see the Microsoft Help and Support web site.  HRESULT=0x8007000e.  Error Code=0x0.

It happens for all members of my group.  It doesn't always happen right away sometimes the page displays then a link is clicked and it appears.

The computers have 3 gigs of memory and are running XP Professional.

Could anyone she some light on this problem?  Thanks.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 6:20 PM

Answers

• This is a bug with the memory running out in Visual studio. 

I was able to work around it by using remote debugging, which lets you debug the way that you normally would by attaching to the process and using visual studio.

Also I have read that a fix for this is coming out with the framework 3.5 service pack 1
    • Marked as answer by Zachary D Monday, June 23, 2008 8:23 PM
    Monday, June 23, 2008 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Zachary,

The error code indicates an out of memory error. I'd monitor your memory comsumption before and while you're debugging the program and see what is using so much that you run out. That should give you a starting point as to what the issue could be.

Please let us know how it's going and if we can help you further.

Thanks, Laura

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:25 PM
  •  

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply.  I have watched the memory when it happens.  The CPU spikes up to 100 percent, but it still says I have over 1.5 gigs of memory available before the crash.

-Zack

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Hi Zack,

I experience the same problem, Dis you got the root of the problem?

Thanks

Victor

Friday, May 16, 2008 1:41 PM
  •  

No.  I did see what set of forum posts that theorized the problem was that windows doesn't use the full amount of memory that you computer has (I think it only used 1 gig) and there was an option to set it to 2 gigs in the boot.ini.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=32112

I tried it, but I crashed my computer (I don't think I left enough memory for the OS when I tried it).  So if you do this make sure you have a way to modify the boot.ini from the command line in case it doesn't work.  I was unable to get back into windows and had to use the windows ultimate boot cd to get back in.

Friday, May 16, 2008 3:44 PM
  • This is a bug with the memory running out in Visual studio. 

I was able to work around it by using remote debugging, which lets you debug the way that you normally would by attaching to the process and using visual studio.

Also I have read that a fix for this is coming out with the framework 3.5 service pack 1
    • Marked as answer by Zachary D Monday, June 23, 2008 8:23 PM
    Monday, June 23, 2008 8:23 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem. It seems this problem came to me after I installed 1 Gb RAM additionally to existed 2 Gb. (now I have 3 Gb RAM)
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:38 AM
  • I realize this is an old thread, but I have the same issue.

On a Win 7 Xeon Quad Core PC with 4GB of RAM VS 2008, SSEE 2008 R2, .Net Framework 3.5 SP1. Watching Memory usage and it never consumes all. I realized that SSEE is limited to 1GB of Memory usage, so my thought was some sort of a Stack issue. But I have not been able to find any further info other than what is posted on Microsoft Connect web site.

These are the workarounds posted....

Posted by JonAt3N1 on 1/1/2008 at 9:03 AM
    I get this error when debugging with web services. If I end the process on all of the WebDev.WebServer.exe(s) then I can resume debugging without closing visual studio.

Posted by gregtyndall on 7/1/2008 at 12:18 PM
    When I get this error I CTRL-ALT-DEL, access Task Manager then select and end the Asp_Net process (which restarts automatically). Visual Studio will then disconnect by itself since the process has been restarted (I seem to have more problems if I try to break the attachment from within VS). At that point I'm able to just reattach to asp_net to continue debugging. This works for 2005 and 2008.

Posted by Agha Usman Ahmed on 8/8/2010 at 7:49 AM
    I face the same issue, Following steps helped

1) Close all the instance of WebDev.WebServer.exe
    2) Clear all files from : %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files

and it worked, don't event need to restart Visual Studio.

Good Luck with this one.

marc11h
    • Edited by mth11mmm Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:47 PM
    • Proposed as answer by LavRao Friday, May 30, 2014 9:13 AM
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Hi ,

I am facing the same issue.." A fatal error occurred..." I am using vs2010 and win7.I am working on a web service code. when i try debugging the code I get this error.

I have aroun 5 GB free space,cleared temporary asp.net files and even restarted by system. nuting seems to be working..

Please help!!!

Friday, May 30, 2014 9:15 AM
  • I am also facing the same issue, and also tried to remove the temporary files. This occured after installation of vs.net 2012. How can this be fixed. They say you must uninstall 2012 but I can't do this, I am supporting projects running in 2012.
    My file structure looks like:

I would really appreciate it if someone can help.

Monday, June 9, 2014 1:23 PM
  • Does this got fixed ? , I'm experiencing the same
    • Edited by VishnuKiran Monday, November 19, 2018 3:42 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2018 3:41 PM