Update Says Office 2007 is not valid - but activated it a year ago and has been validated before RRS feed

• Question

• After Windows updated my computer yesterday (including Office Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB949810) -Installation date: ‎8/‎25/‎2009 12:01 PM -Installation status: Successful  - Update type: Important) I restarted my computer.
    I now get the message
    This copy of Microsoft Office is not genuine.

Please excuse this interruption. This copy of Microsoft Office did not pass validation. Click Learn More for details and for help identifying the best way to get genuine Microsoft Office.

when I start Outlook.

I went to this link
    Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/949810

and found I should be getting this message on my ribbon
    Ribbon
    For 2007 Office programs, a ribbon element is added to the non-genuine program. This ribbon displays a message that resembles the following:

This copy of Office is not genuine. Click here to learn more.

which I am not

I have Windows Vista Home Premium plus Office Professional 2007.  The computer (an ASUS) originally came with a trial copy of Office Student 2007 which I uninstalled about 11 months ago when I bought the computer and installed my (perfectly valid) Office Professional.  My copy of Ofice has been validated many times during the update process.
    As I mentioned, I do not get the message on the Office program ribbons but it is very annoying to be told that my copy of Office is not genuine when I am scrupulously honest about software and all copyright matters.

I do not know if this is going to cripple my computer and I cannot afford this possibility.  I am also not ptrepared to buy my Office package again as it is totally 100% genuine and valid.

What do I do? to fix this?  Can Microsft do something to fix this?

Below is the message from Genuine Microsoft Software:

Genuine Microsoft Software

Below is a list of the products that did not pass validation and instructions for addressing each product. Recommended approach:

• If a single product did not pass validation, take actions outlined below to get genuine Office
    • If multiple products did not pass validation, identify your most needed Office product or suite and take actions outlined below to get genuine Office. Uninstall other, non-genuine Office products that are preventing you from passing validation.
    [0x80180108]

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007

Problem: The product key used to install Office has been identified by Microsoft as misused, stolen, or not valid. A copy of Office installed on your computer may be counterfeit, improperly licensed, or incorrectly installed.

Solution: Your best options to acquire genuine Microsoft Office are outlined on this Office Genuine Advantage web page. You can also contact the business where you purchased Office, purchased your computer with Office pre-installed, or had your computer serviced. Ask for their help to ensure that the copy of Office you purchased or received with the purchase of a new computer is genuine.

To uninstall Office products:

1. Quit all Office programs.
    2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs. (For Windows Vista, under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.)
    4. In the Currently installed programs list, locate and select products that did not pass validation
    5. Click Remove to remove the product(s) that you want to uninstall from the computer. (For Windows Vista, right-click product(s) and choose Uninstall.)
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:02 PM

Answers

• No reply from user.

Closing thread as answered

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:07 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:07 PM

All replies

• In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click the "Continue" button, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into your post.

Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:08 PM
  • No reply from user.

Closing thread as answered

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:07 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:07 PM