Playing remote music library in IE9 behind an ISA proxy server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a WHS 2011 box at home configured to allow remote Web access via a custom homeserver.com URL. At work I'm running IE9 and we're behind an ISA proxy server, but I can easily access and navigate around my WHS remote Web access site. I can browse the photo and video media libraries with no problems. However, I can't get the music library to load and play properly in the player. It regularly loads the player window. but the music never loads, and ultimately, the player window stops responding.

I've been successful in connecting and playing music library content on other PCs (mix of IE8 and IE9) at the same office, so I don't think there's a general issue with our firewall allowing the traffic. Also I can reliably connect to and play the same content in Google Chrome on my PC, just not IE9. It's got to be something specific to my browser's settings. The trouble is that without an error message, I have no idea where to look. Can anyone more knowledgeable about the mechanics of the player point me in the right direction? Thanks!

- Greg

• Edited by gregsedwards Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:46 PM typo
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:41 PM