Microsoft CRM Hosting RRS feed

• Question

• My company is involved in the customisation of Microsoft CRM for our client. We intend to use the Microsoft Outlook Offline Client but have come across a few hurdles.

We intend on hosting the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server within our servers hosted on the Internet (providing access via a VPN connection). We do not intend on integrating the Exchange components of the CRM product.

How can the Offline client work in such a scenario where it is connected to a different domain? Our users will most likely be out of the office when they are using the system and only online when performing synchronisation. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Mark

Sunday, September 2, 2007 10:28 PM

Answers

• The stock CRM for Outlook client requires the machines to be a member of the domain in order for the software to install.  You could consider the SPLA version of the bits, which requires registering as a "hosting" partner, or you might consider waiting for Titan if your timeline allows it.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 4:15 PM

All replies

• The stock CRM for Outlook client requires the machines to be a member of the domain in order for the software to install.  You could consider the SPLA version of the bits, which requires registering as a "hosting" partner, or you might consider waiting for Titan if your timeline allows it.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 4:15 PM
  • Thanks for the update... Whilst I was searching on the net I came across this from Microsoft; "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3. 0 for SPE". I have tried to find this in our MSDN subscription and cannot find it... all I can see is the standard Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3. Where can I obtain this version of the CRM system? I did find a Rollup Pack 1 for the SPE edition but not the actual full installation. Your response is much appreciated. Thanks.
    Wednesday, September 5, 2007 10:42 PM
  • You have to be regiestered as a hosting partner to access those bits.

matt

Thursday, September 6, 2007 3:54 PM