Bing Maps control doesn't update on Save of Form (Valid address is populated) Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2015 Update 1 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having issues with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2015 Update 1 Bing Maps control. When a user creates a new Lead or Account (for example) with the Bing Maps control on the form, once they save the form with the required fields and composite address field filled with a valid address, the Bing Maps isn't refreshing. Why not?

In order to refresh the field it's making me refresh the web browser (via F5 or the refresh button) or navigate away from the record (to a different area of CRM) and then back again to the record before the Bing Map control will populate for the first time. Once it is populated, the expected result is that once I hit the "Done" button on the address the Bing Map control should refresh but it does not. A work around for this is to put:
    Xrm.Page.data.refresh(true);
    on each of the composite address fields (Address 1, Address 2, etc..) OnChange events but that results in a poor user experience because they are no longer able to easily tab through the form (it makes them click the tab button 2 times for each field to get out of it versus 1 times as expected with the normal experience). This workaround WILL refresh the Bing Maps control but only after an existing address has loaded in the Bing Maps control. Overall, this user experience needs work. Is it a bug? Any other way to refresh the OOB Bing Maps control the first time the user enters a valid address and clicks "Done" in the composite field (best case scenario) or Save button (would work but not the best user experience scenario, should still work though)?

Jeremiah J. Isaacson

Thursday, September 17, 2015 3:25 PM