Will updating to new version solve OGA and WGA failures? RRS feed

• Question

• Well, I have been twice-screwed by online vendors who have since gone out of business.  I had no idea that they were giving me VLKs.  I knew the media looked fishy, but I assumed I was buying the licenses, not the media, so I didn't care.  Now both my XP Pro and Office SBE 2003 are validation failures and I'm out the money I paid.  I know I don't qualify for complimentary copies because the media aren't counterfeit.

My question is, rather than paying even more money to get these versions genuine, can I simply upgrade to the newest versions?

Thanks,

Jake

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:16 PM

Answers

• If you wish to install Windows Vista and Office 2007, you'll need to purchase "Full Versions", and not "Upgrade Versions" since upgrade versions require a valid, genuine license in order to install the upgrade versions.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:26 PM
  • Jake,

If you purchased this copy of Office from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft.  Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. You may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office.  For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/. It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

I hope this helps and sorry to hear you have become a victim. Please take the time and fill out the piracy report. The will help prevent others like yourself from becoming victims.. !!

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Friday, April 13, 2007 11:16 PM

All replies

• If you wish to install Windows Vista and Office 2007, you'll need to purchase "Full Versions", and not "Upgrade Versions" since upgrade versions require a valid, genuine license in order to install the upgrade versions.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:26 PM
  • Jake,

If you purchased this copy of Office from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft.  Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. You may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office.  For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/. It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

I hope this helps and sorry to hear you have become a victim. Please take the time and fill out the piracy report. The will help prevent others like yourself from becoming victims.. !!

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS

Friday, April 13, 2007 11:16 PM