Windows 8.1 Pro and Money Plus Sunset version not working RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 8.1 Pro and already downloaded the MSMoney Plus Sunset version. I was able to download transactions from my financial institutions, sometimes having to Import instead because some banking sites did not support Money only Quicken. It had been working for many months but now when I downloaded from my bank, I got the "Microsoft Money has stopped working box" and it shut down the software. Cannot get around. Any suggestions before deinstalling?
    Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:43 PM

All replies

• Copy your *.mbf and *.mny files to different media in case something happens.

You can either do a level 2 standard repair by making a repaired version, or you can restore a backup. During a restore, it will ask if you want the restored file to have the same name as before but will allow you to select a new name. If you choose the default of using the same name, it will overwrite the current file (which may have a bug). But to give maximum flexibility, either use a different name, or make sure you kept a copy of your current file.

By default, Money Sunset keeps the 4 latest backups. The time and date of the backup is encoded into the filename.

If you choose to try to make a repaired version of your current Money file, do File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

Monday, May 18, 2015 1:03 PM