Can not mark CRM 2011 Appointments as Complete RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have CRM 2011 server and just within the last couple of days all employees can not mark an appointment as complete.  I have full system admin access and I get an access denied error as well. 

Does anyone know what feature in security roles needs to be turned on to allow the mark as complete function in appt's work?  I'm sure I haven't missed it but I want to verify that it is not something as simple as assigning access in a security role.

Here is the error message I get

ACCESS DENIED

This form is no longer available. As a security precaution, Microsoft Dynamic CRM does not automatically resubmit your information for you. To continue,

close and reopen the form, enter your information again, and then save the form.

But closing and opening does not help

Thanks!!

Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:02 PM

Answers

• I found an issue that is included in Update Rollup 7 that may be related.  The repro steps in the issue are

1. Deploy CRM with https protocol and do NOT specify the port number (which is default to 443 then).
    2. Open an existing Account or create an account
    3. Update the value for "Account Number" and save it.
    4. Update this value again in the same form.
    5. Click Save button.

I'm assuming that the steps 2-5 could be other actions as well to repro the issue, so possibly the marking the appointment as completed could be as well.

If you contact support there is a COD available for this issue, if you want to see if it resolves your scenario.  The case would be free of charge since it is due to a bug in UR6.  Or you can wait till UR7 is released on March 8th, 2012.

Thanks

Corey Hanson, Dynamics CRM Supportability PM

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:36 PM
  • I tried resetting IIS with no luck.  Even though it is not the proper way I went with a workaround listed in one of the above sites that requires adding a registry key.

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>MSCRM>IgnoreTokenCheck (Dword)=1

• Marked as answer by Billyj82 Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Was this working before ? Is there any custome code written for this entity? ( Javascript,plug-ins,Workflow etc..). if yes then try to disable and check again if that has

any impact on it.

Try IIS restart if appropriate.

Also, what roll up version you have. Some people on forum facing the same issue after installing roll up 6. see this.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/396ec7c7-9e78-40ea-9691-c7ce683fa8c3

Cheers

H.Desai

• Edited by H.Desai Friday, February 3, 2012 1:26 AM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 1:22 AM
  • Hi, Look at the windows Event Viewer on the CRM server to see any detailed error messages, also try restarting IIS on your crm server (iisreset), 
    Thomas T(MCBMSS) If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Friday, February 3, 2012 1:28 AM
  • I read the thread about the rollup 6 issue and that says the error occurs when you try to save something twice.  I am creating a new appointment then clicking mark as complete and still getting the same error.  I can save it as many times as I like but the moment I click "Mark as Complete" I get the error.

I have checked and there is no custom javascript or silverlight associated with that form at all

Here is what the server event viewer showed:

Event code: 3005 

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 

Event time: 2/3/2012 9:08:29 AM 

Event time (UTC): 2/3/2012 2:08:29 PM 

Event ID: 89ca6454faaa42629c2343bfad2dad11 

Event sequence: 41070 

Event occurrence: 1 

Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-3-129727072854237445 

Trust level: Full 

Application Virtual Path: / 

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\ 

Machine name: 01-APP03 

Process information: 

Process ID: 4924 

Process name: w3wp.exe 

Account name:  

Exception information: 

Exception type: CrmException 

Exception message: INVALID_WRPC_TOKEN: Validate WRPC Token: WRPCTokenState=Invalid, TOKEN_EXPIRY=4320, IGNORE_TOKEN=False, TOKEN_KEY=ZrG3Yz7nEeGkQgAVXagbfgPOm3q0ahFVuCcc8RKJiXJvGy4oaICBUkJJk3yC0ud6

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Security.WrpcContext.ValidateTokenState()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Security.WrpcContext.ValidateToken()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.ValidateWrpcContext()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.PageManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Request information: 

Request URL: https://crm.company.com:443/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=4201&pagemode=iframe&preloadcache=1328278050543 

Request path: /userdefined/edit.aspx 

User host address: 192.168.168.208 

User: company\user 

Is authenticated: True 

Authentication Type: Negotiate 

Thread account name: company service name 

Thread information: 

Thread ID: 24 

Thread account name: company service name

Is impersonating: False 

Stack trace:    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Security.WrpcContext.ValidateTokenState()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Security.WrpcContext.ValidateToken()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.ValidateWrpcContext()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.PageManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I am not dismissing the possibility of it being rollup 6 but with my test environment working fine it seems like it could be something else and I want to be sure.

Friday, February 3, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Hi,

Check below links.It might help you.The error is same as yours but for different operation. Have you tried refreshing CRM app pool and IIS ?

http://rajeevpentyala.wordpress.com/tag/tocken-check/

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-PH/crm/thread/2ff65a6c-1196-41f5-aad4-85a34368f3e4

Cheers

• Edited by H.Desai Sunday, February 5, 2012 9:29 PM
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 9:22 PM
  • I tried resetting IIS with no luck.  Even though it is not the proper way I went with a workaround listed in one of the above sites that requires adding a registry key.

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>MSCRM>IgnoreTokenCheck (Dword)=1

• Marked as answer by Billyj82 Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:42 PM
  • We have had exactly the same issues since applying patch 6. The above registry key change does appear to have addressed the issues. Does anyone know if adding this key poses any security risk?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:30 PM
  • I found an issue that is included in Update Rollup 7 that may be related.  The repro steps in the issue are

1. Deploy CRM with https protocol and do NOT specify the port number (which is default to 443 then).
    2. Open an existing Account or create an account
    3. Update the value for "Account Number" and save it.
    4. Update this value again in the same form.
    5. Click Save button.

I'm assuming that the steps 2-5 could be other actions as well to repro the issue, so possibly the marking the appointment as completed could be as well.

If you contact support there is a COD available for this issue, if you want to see if it resolves your scenario.  The case would be free of charge since it is due to a bug in UR6.  Or you can wait till UR7 is released on March 8th, 2012.

Thanks

Corey Hanson, Dynamics CRM Supportability PM

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:36 PM