none
sql azure data sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have setup data sync between sqlazure(Remote) and the local server. Initially i have set up the data sync for only few tables. It worked great. I am using data sync 2.1 frame work. After few days i added another 20 tables to the list recompiled my code and tried setup it didn't work. It was said the setup is ready. So i have to drop the azure db and recreate one, when i did that i was able to move a step forward. When i tried setup it created all the tables in azure and i can see all the schema. But when i am trying to sync the tables between local server and azure server (remote) the sync is not happeing. It get an error the  "Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.DbSyncException: Cannot apply changes because the
     local provider does not have adapters configured for the following tables that were received from the remote provider" I would appreciate if someone can help me on this.

Thanks,

Jay

Monday, October 11, 2010 7:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Jay,

From what I understand you are  trying to setup new sync after schema update(new tables). After schema update and code recompilation you will need to deprovision the current scope on the local server and reprovision it.  Currently incremental schema changes to the scope is not dynamically supported. You will have to deprovision and reprovision the endpoints with new schema to make it work.

Here is one of the useful link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff928603(v=SQL.110).aspx

Let me know if you any questions and need more informtion.

thanks

Jandeep

jandeepc
    • Marked as answer by Jaycbe Monday, October 11, 2010 10:46 PM
    Monday, October 11, 2010 9:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Jay,

From what I understand you are  trying to setup new sync after schema update(new tables). After schema update and code recompilation you will need to deprovision the current scope on the local server and reprovision it.  Currently incremental schema changes to the scope is not dynamically supported. You will have to deprovision and reprovision the endpoints with new schema to make it work.

Here is one of the useful link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff928603(v=SQL.110).aspx

Let me know if you any questions and need more informtion.

thanks

Jandeep

jandeepc
    • Marked as answer by Jaycbe Monday, October 11, 2010 10:46 PM
    Monday, October 11, 2010 9:13 PM
  • Hi Jandeep,

i was able to achive what i want to do. Thanks for the link.

Thanks,

Jay

Monday, October 11, 2010 10:46 PM