From development to production RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone

How do I implement my solution from development to production?

Will exporting a solution and importing it will create the related entities and respective relations?

Thanks

Friday, April 13, 2012 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The answer is YES. All the custom entities and relationships will be created on the production enviroment.

• Marked as answer by WPF_Dev Friday, April 20, 2012 6:59 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 8:13 PM
  • Hi - I strongly suggest taking a look at this overview of working with solutions.

There are some HUGE gold nuggets for you there, including pointing out some of the decisions you'll have to make at the beginning of your project regarding options for solution management e.g. working with managed solutions, unmanaged etc.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. Michael Mayo

• Proposed as answer by Michael D. Mayo Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:26 AM
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The answer is YES. All the custom entities and relationships will be created on the production enviroment.

Friday, April 13, 2012 8:13 PM
  • Hi - I strongly suggest taking a look at this overview of working with solutions.

There are some HUGE gold nuggets for you there, including pointing out some of the decisions you'll have to make at the beginning of your project regarding options for solution management e.g. working with managed solutions, unmanaged etc.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. Michael Mayo

• Proposed as answer by Michael D. Mayo Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:26 AM
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:25 AM