none
Answerer(s) When more than one member answers the question RRS feed

• Question

• Question 1 and the answer is; Yes we can display multiple answerers in the Left column. There is no reason not to do so. This will be easily implemented and we want everyone to know there is more than one answer just by glancing at the list of answerers on the left column.

Question 2 and the answer is; Yes we can add a place on the left column to show the top answerers of the month based on the Forums you have check marked to view instead of only always seeing the same 5 people everyday in forums that don't apply to you after all its not like no one else never does anything anywhere else in the forums anyway. It used to be nice to go to a particular forum and see who "THERE" is answering the questions and our aim is to get you back to that idea because it is good.

Question 3 and the answer is; Yes we can design additional filters to aid you locating a particular thread you need to see again. We can add filters like, Questions you asked that are marked as answer. Questions someone other than you asked that you are marked as the answerer. We are also looking into engineering a search on Key Words within your threads.

Thank You!!!

Chris Ward

Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:18 PM

All replies

• Question 1 and the answer is; Yes we can display multiple answerers in the Left column. There is no reason not to do so. This will be easily implemented and we want everyone to know there is more than one answer just by glancing at the list of answerers on the left column.

Question 2 and the answer is; Yes we can add a place on the left column to show the top answerers of the month based on the Forums you have check marked to view instead of only always seeing the same 5 people everyday in forums that don't apply to you after all its not like no one else never does anything anywhere else in the forums anyway. It used to be nice to go to a particular forum and see who "THERE" is answering the questions and our aim is to get you back to that idea because it is good.

Question 3 and the answer is; Yes we can design additional filters to aid you locating a particular thread you need to see again. We can add filters like, Questions you asked that are marked as answer. Questions someone other than you asked that you are marked as the answerer. We are also looking into engineering a search on Key Words within your threads.

Thank You!!!

Chris Ward

Are we playing Jeopardy here, or what? If so, then the correct question to your answers is:

"what is Question 1 and question 2 and question 3?", Alex

Please mark my response as the question.

Al Dunbar -- remember to 'mark or propose as answer' or 'vote as helpful' as appropriate.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:27 PM
  • Are we playing Jeopardy here, or what? If so, then the correct question to your answers is:

"what is Question 1 and question 2 and question 3?", Alex

Please mark my response as the question.

Al Dunbar -- remember to 'mark or propose as answer' or 'vote as helpful' as appropriate.

Sorry Al,

You missed all three questions therefore I cannot mark your post as the answer.

Chris Ward

Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:58 PM
  • The three features you describe would be appreciated.

Regarding #2, this has been missing for awhile. I think it mostly incented people to answer questions and see themselves move up the list, but it also highlighted active participants that added value to the forum(s).

I assumed we no longer saw the updated lists of top answerers because it impacted performance and caused more timeout errors. While this feature would be appreciated, I would not want to see it if it further slowed down the forums or caused more errors than we already experience.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:32 PM
  • I agree that all of these 3 are important.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:30 PM