Onecare icon double click RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I double click the Onecare icon in the lower right hand corner it never opens like it's supposed to. I get this little popup that gives me 2 choices, 1 "Open windows onecare" & 2 "Get help at help center". Is there a way to make it simply open up like it used to instead of this extra step??
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:12 PM

Answers

• I reinstalled Vista...now it works ok. Thanks for responding though.
    • Marked as answer by MB40SR Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:39 AM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:39 AM

All replies

• If I right click the icon I see the options menu but if I double click the icon One Care opens as it ahould.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:58 PM
  • I've tried that and it still brings up a menu.
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:23 PM
  • Try rebooting the PC. Doubleclicking should cause OneCare to open. If a reboot does not resolve it, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:31 PM
  • It seems that right clicking and left clicking bring up the same menu. I've tried repeated clicks and it never starts maximized. Is there a way to put pictures into these replies so I can show you what I'm seeing?

Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:39 PM
  • I believe you. :-)
    No, there's noway to paste a picture here. You can post it somewhere else and provide a link here (Flickr, Windows Live Photos, etc.)

Have you rebooted as I suggested?
    -steve
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:46 PM
  • I've rebooted and re-installed a couple of times. The other icons work just fine, right clicking brings up properties menu and double click opens them up. All work except one care.
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:51 PM
  • It is certainly an odd issue, but I can only suggest reaching out to support at this point.
    -steve
    Monday, March 30, 2009 3:37 PM
  • I reinstalled Vista...now it works ok. Thanks for responding though.
    • Marked as answer by MB40SR Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:39 AM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:39 AM
  • Glad to read that you resolved the problem, though sorry that you had to use the "hit it with a hammer" solution of a complete OS reinstall. It was a strange problem, though, so rather than struggle with the details, your ultimate solution was probably the best.
    -steve
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:07 AM