OCS Public Beta Problem(Meeting add file Problem) RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to test the OCS live meeting features,but there are some problems.

I am the meeting owner. When I add file,the process of upload and convert was successful. But  everyone can't download the content include Meeting owner.

The Error Message is

“content failed to download due to a problem with the conference center configuration”

Is there any configuration for Web Conferencing on the OCS?  Please Help Me to solve this problem,thanks

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 1:38 AM

Answers

• Had the same problem

The problem is that the default webpage in IIS does not have a, or have the same sertificate as the OCS-server.

Just go to IIS -> Default Website properties -> Directory security -> Server certificate, and choose the same one as you use on your server.

You should now be able to browse to the https://<FQDN>/conf/ext/tshoot.html webpage on your OCS-server. If you can see the webpage, you have resolved the “content failed to download due to a problem with the conference center configuration” problem in live meeting Smile

-Hallvard

Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:33 AM

All replies

• Had the same problem

The problem is that the default webpage in IIS does not have a, or have the same sertificate as the OCS-server.

Just go to IIS -> Default Website properties -> Directory security -> Server certificate, and choose the same one as you use on your server.

You should now be able to browse to the https://<FQDN>/conf/ext/tshoot.html webpage on your OCS-server. If you can see the webpage, you have resolved the “content failed to download due to a problem with the conference center configuration” problem in live meeting Smile

-Hallvard

Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:33 AM
  •  

Hi Hallvard.

I had the same problem and I did what you said and is ok now. Thanks for your help.

Leticia

Friday, April 27, 2007 2:27 PM
  • Hello, It worked on the OC Server but not in the Edge server, any ideas ?
    Friday, May 4, 2007 4:18 PM
  • The problem was with External url for meeting content download. I created a shared directory and using wmi I changed external for meeting content download url to point to a virtual directory (this is documented in OCS_Admin). What is not documented is that you need to add some MIME types (.blb, .emdi, .epng, .eppt, .ezip, all like binary/octect stream).
    Saturday, May 5, 2007 9:34 PM
  • I still have this problem on some users. Some users able to share the whiteboard and file successfully and some still having the same error content failed to download. I already assign the cert on the IIS. Any thing else that need to be configured?
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:05 PM
  • Melopezluque, it is important do add MIME types to virtual directory configuration on IIS. You have right. When you add these MIME types, withboard, shapshot and file upload will work correctly in live meeting sesion. Good job.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 10:20 AM
  •  

So I'm curious then, if you replace the cert on the OCS server to fix external clients being able to see Live Meeting files, it toasts the functionality for Internal clients...

How do you fix this??
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 3:26 AM
  •  Hallvard1 wrote:

Had the same problem

You should now be able to browse to the https://<FQDN>/conf/ext/tshoot.html webpage on your OCS-server. If you can see the webpage, you have resolved the “content failed to download due to a problem with the conference center configuration” problem in live meeting

-Hallvard

I can actually browse the web page just fine.. but we still get the error when trying to start the white board...

Friday, October 26, 2007 4:28 PM
  •  

IIS can't locate:

https://server.domain.com/etc/place/null/slidefiles/blank.png

Anyone run into this?

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:44 PM