Money 2006 - Need to restore backup file RRS feed

• Question

• My computer died!  I purchased a new tower and loaded Money 2006 from the original disc and when I went into the program to restore the backup file that I had on my back-up hard drive I am continually asked to type in my windows live email and password.  I do that and am told that the password is incorrect.  Trust me, it's not!  I have even told the program that I don't want to go online (you can't anyway, since 2011) but it still wants my email and password.  ACKKKKK  ANy ideas on how I can get beyond this to get my back-up file restored?
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:11 AM

All replies

• Disconnect from the Internet.  Pull your ethernet cable or turn off
    your modem -- whatever it takes.  Start Money, click below the
    password field to select "I want to sign in to Money directly,
    without access to all online services." then click Next.Disconnect from the Internet.  Start Money, and log in offline.

Do not attempt to change your LiveID.  If you
    already changed your LiveID, use the credentials that were in
    effect at the time that you saved that Money file.

To remove the Live ID in Money 2006 or later, go to
    File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove
    or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:34 PM
  • Thanks Cal,

I tried all those things and still it would not let me into my backup file....SO, I uninstalled my Money 2006, went to Microsoft and d/l and installed their FREE copy of Money Sunset Deluxe, told THAT program that I didn't want to use passwords and once again tried to restore the file.  It STILL asked me for my Live password, but this time when I input it AND checked the box saying that I didn't want to use online services ...... it worked!  Duh, I have NO IDEA why cause I tried this program yesterday with the same password to no avail... oh well, My file is restored and now up to date (thankfully my checking acct. is STILL balanced despite 12 days of not being able to input anything AND......I have also managed to REMOVE ALL PASSWORDS from the program and successfully opened and closed it at least  times to make sure it was still there and up to date!  LOL   

Thanks for your input, I DO appreciate it!

Have a Blessed Day!

Nancy

Sunday, April 15, 2012 5:05 PM