Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook on multiple Citrix Servers RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client has been installed on one Citrix Server and this appears to be working fine without issue.

However, we hit an issue! When we come install the client on another Citrix server (as we have 5) and a user connects to the "new" server after configuring the client on the first server, we receive an error message:

You already have Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook installed on another computer. Only one client computer per user can run the automated process that does bulk updates of outlook items with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data. This client should be the computer that is most often online (such as a desktop computer) or the users primary computer. To change the Synchronizing client, on the CRM Menu, click options, and click the synchronizing tab.

We've done some research and found we can disable it by setting HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMCLIENT\RunOutlookScheduledSync to 0. It gets rid of the error message, but I'm unsure as to what effect this has  - will this stop the Outlook client from syncing on this server?

Please could someone offer some advice on this – also if anyone has successfully deployed the CRMclient fo  Outlook on multiple citrix servers can they tell me what you've done

Really appreciate any help on this – thank you.

Monday, April 12, 2010 6:26 PM

All replies

• Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client has been installed on one Citrix Server and this appears to be working fine without issue.

However, we hit an issue! When we come install the client on another Citrix server (as we have 5) and a user connects to the "new" server after configuring the client on the first server, we receive an error message:

You already have Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook installed on another computer. Only one client computer per user can run the automated process that does bulk updates of outlook items with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data. This client should be the computer that is most often online (such as a desktop computer) or the users primary computer. To change the Synchronizing client, on the CRM Menu, click options, and click the synchronizing tab.

We've done some research and found we can disable it by setting HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMCLIENT\RunOutlookScheduledSync to 0. It gets rid of the error message, but I'm unsure as to what effect this has  - will this stop the Outlook client from syncing on this server?

Please could someone offer some advice on this – also if anyone has successfully deployed the CRMclient fo  Outlook on multiple citrix servers can they tell me what you've done

Really appreciate any help on this – thank you.

HI MSCRM MAN,

I Have a similar configuration a farm with 4 citrix server PS4.5 Outlook 2007 and MS CRM client for Outlook 4.0 RU7 and MS CRM 4.0 with RU7 .

My Problem is that some user had sync problem with crm.

Do you have the same problem ? did you find a solution ?

Thank in advance

Friday, April 23, 2010 9:37 PM
  • Does this work? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953774
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:35 PM