So I updated onecare and now it tells me that I have no sound RRS feed

• Question

• That's bull, I need sound. I just updated it, it restarted my computer, and now it tells me "No audio output device is installed" Even though the speakers built into the computer were working fine until then. I'm so mad about this you don't even know.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:57 AM

Answers

• There are no updates for OneCare in current deployment unless your PC has been off line for some time now. The signatures are updating regularly, but they never require a reboot and you would typically not know that one has occurred. I suspect that you received a Windows Update, not a OneCare Update. In any event, assuming that it is a OneCare update, if the problem persists after another reboot and you believe that OneCare was to blame, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:28 PM

All replies

• There are no updates for OneCare in current deployment unless your PC has been off line for some time now. The signatures are updating regularly, but they never require a reboot and you would typically not know that one has occurred. I suspect that you received a Windows Update, not a OneCare Update. In any event, assuming that it is a OneCare update, if the problem persists after another reboot and you believe that OneCare was to blame, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:28 PM
  •  x_pwnsauce_x wrote:
    That's bull, I need sound. I just updated it, it restarted my computer, and now it tells me "No audio output device is installed" Even though the speakers built into the computer were working fine until then. I'm so mad about this you don't even know.

I am having the same problem....I am mad....just up dated and there is no sound...mad....mad

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:03 AM
  • Hello Ramanthie, what exactly did you update?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:25 AM
  • smae thing just happened to me. what a load of bull. i'm so pissed and sick of this system. i'd rather get a virus than have to keep dealing with one care ***.

how did you get it fixed?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:39 PM
  • it was under one care updates...a three part installation for something...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:17 PM
  • i've had the same problem; and yes, it was a windows live onecare update.  what needs to be done to resolve this problem?

Friday, October 10, 2008 8:11 PM
  • Contacting support would be the best option. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Saturday, October 11, 2008 5:48 AM