CRM 2011 - Dialog session - Security issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

CRM 2011 on premise

I have created a dialog that will walk the user through creating a standardised phone call activity.  It collects responses and then fills in the phone call with standardised Category and Sub Category then marks it complete.

My problem is that we have a plug-in that stops ordinary users deactivating records, only sys admin can deactivate a record.  When I run the dialog I get an error <only approved security roles can deactivate this record>. 

I dont have a problem with workflows, only dialogs.  I thought both workflows and dialogs stored completed sessions in processsessions.  I have been told that it is because dynamics deactivates the session once the dialog is complete hence the error message as the user is not allowed to do this.

Is there anyway around this apart from me asking the developer to update the plug-in to exclude processsession?  I have tried various ways with the dialog and even tried to call a child workflow but no luck.  I cannot find any confirmation that sessions are deactivated

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Karen

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:14 AM

All replies

• Instead of updating the code, have you tried disabling that one step of the plugin?

Go to Settings -> Customization -> Customize the System -> Process Steps (I think) and look for the disable on processsessions, disable and publish.  See if that works for you.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:23 PM
  • Hi Wayne

Thanks for the response

the plug-in itself does not have a step for deactivating the process session.  It pretty much prevents any record from being deactivated. The developer created a UI configuration key for us that would allow us to grant deactivate permissions to certain security roles shoud we need it, but we dont want to do that because we still dont want them to deactivate records.

I think the only way will be to get the developer to add a step that says allow deactivation of process sessions, but no other entity types

Regards

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:30 PM
  • You are correct. If it wasn't a separate step, you're going to have to get the plugin updated.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:44 PM
  • Hi Karen,

I guess the reason it works from workflow is that workflow runs under context of workflow owner so who ever is workflow owner will be run under that user's context and if workflow owner is system admin it will allow to do this operation.

but dialog is run by normal user and will run under that user's context and hence it does not work for dialog.

this is my guess and I could be wrong but one way you can fix it by calling custom workflow step which runs code as admin user by using impersonation and see if this fixes the issue. 

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:52 PM
    Answerer