Why is my MVP certification promotional code(Voucher) not valid? RRS feed

• Question

• I have received an email from Microsoft with a voucher after registering for the MVP certification promotional code.
    But when i call prometric and rty to register for a exam they told me the code is not VALID :(
    The exam i'm planning to take is : 70-528
    Has anybody gone through this with prometric?

Thanks in Advance
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Patrick,
    I've never heard of an MVP promotional voucher for an exam. Its not part of the MVP benefits.
    If you are an MVP, contact your MVP lead and ask them to clarify the issue for you. If you are not an MVP or made a mistake in the name of the voucher, you'll have to provide more information.

d. 
    • Proposed as answer by David Elfassy Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:30 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,
    I've never heard of an MVP promotional voucher for an exam. Its not part of the MVP benefits.
    If you are an MVP, contact your MVP lead and ask them to clarify the issue for you. If you are not an MVP or made a mistake in the name of the voucher, you'll have to provide more information.

d. 
    • Proposed as answer by David Elfassy Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:30 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:43 AM
  • I agree. I think you were SPAMMED. What site were you directed to register for this promo code? More importantly, what info did you submit?
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:51 AM
  • Sorry guys i wasn't spammed the voucher code i had was right only the sales guy heard P insted of B :)

Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:17 AM
  • And this is a MVP Certification Promo code?
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:28 AM
  • sounds like the sales guy also confused "MCP" with "MVP"
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 4:40 AM
  • Can any MVP in the United States provide me with a MVP Certification Promotion Code

So that i can regisster in the below link to get 10% discount on MS certifications.

This is the link for you - http://mvp.timeus.net/Terms.aspx
    Monday, May 4, 2009 7:57 PM
  • I recieved an email from Microsoft with an attachment which contained a voucher for my MCSE 70-290 exam. My exam date was 1st october but on that day prometric centre said the exam could not be downloaded by this voucher. It was showing an error.

Its going to be 2weeks now and there is no reply from microsoft or that centre.
    What should i do, I have time till december to clear my MCSE and i am stuck with this problem

Help me out guyssss

Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:59 PM
  • Gents,
    according MVP benefits (Microsoft MVP Academy) every one MVP who is join that academy had granted with one promo code for one exam.
    Patrick I'm recommend you contact with your regional MVP Lead for solve that issue, that will help.

http://win2008.ru
    Friday, October 16, 2009 10:12 AM