CRM 2011 Update Opportunity on Task save from Plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to write a plugin to update specified opportunity attributes when the taks entity is save ?

How to pass parameters to opportunity entity ?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can write a create plugin on task entity and update regarding opportunity and set specific field using update method.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:32 AM
  • Thanks for reply

How to retrieve the regarding opportunity from task entity ?

I'm new in crm:)

• Edited by rogus1 Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:46 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:39 AM
  • You need to check for regardingobjectid field, which will provide you opportunity id for which you are adding task.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:46 AM
  • Hmm, can you show me sample code please ?

I don't know where to start;)

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:52 AM
  • Hello,

For how to write plugin, please download ms crm SDK there are sample code available.

and to get regardingbjectid you can use like below

if(entityobject.Contains("regardingobjectid"))

{

Guid _OpportunityID=entity.GetAttributeValue<EntityReference>("regardingobjectid").Id;

}

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:05 AM
  • hmm, something like this ?

public void Execute(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
    		{
                IPluginExecutionContext context = (IPluginExecutionContext)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IPluginExecutionContext));

if (context.InputParameters.Contains("Target") && context.InputParameters["Target"] is Entity)
                {
                    Entity entity = (Entity)context.InputParameters["Target"];
                    if (entity.LogicalName != "task")
                        return;

try
                    {
                        if (context.InputParameters.Contains("regardingobjectid"))
                        {
                            Guid _OpportunityID = entity.GetAttributeValue<EntityReference>("regardingobjectid").Id;

}

IOrganizationServiceFactory serviceFactory = (IOrganizationServiceFactory)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IOrganizationServiceFactory));
                        IOrganizationService service = serviceFactory.CreateOrganizationService(context.UserId);

service.Create(entity);
                    }

catch (FaultException<OrganizationServiceFault> ex)
                    {
                        throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException("Error", ex);
                    }

}
            }
    I don't know what next with _OpportunityID ?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:53 AM