LOC running but not responding RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I installed and registered a paid subscription for LOC on a Dell desktop (XP pro), and now have a green icon in the tray, but when double-clicking the icon gets a LOC window that won't allow navigation,,,,,,,at every point in the LOC window the mouse pointer turns to an hour-glass. Activating Windows Task Manager indicates that Live One Care is "not responding."  Yet, when I check the security status at the control panel I find that the LOC firewall is operating, the automatic update is on, and LOC antivirus protection is on.  In summary.....the LOC window will open  but can't be navigated, which denies managment of settings or access to controls. How do I get the LOC window to allow management of the many options of LOC?

Friday, February 15, 2008 7:53 PM

Answers

•  

Alot of people are having the same problem, it started with the most recent update to version 2.0.

This issue could be caused if one of the following services is disabled or not running. The workaround is to enable these services : 

1. Terminal services
    2. Network Location Awareness
    3. Network Store Interface Service
    4. Network List Services

Go to Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services

Look for the above services in the list and change them to Automatic from manual or disabled and then start them if they are not listed as "Started."

If this doesnt work please check for the answer in support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Friday, February 15, 2008 9:45 PM

All replies

•  

Alot of people are having the same problem, it started with the most recent update to version 2.0.

This issue could be caused if one of the following services is disabled or not running. The workaround is to enable these services : 

1. Terminal services
    2. Network Location Awareness
    3. Network Store Interface Service
    4. Network List Services

Go to Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services

Look for the above services in the list and change them to Automatic from manual or disabled and then start them if they are not listed as "Started."

If this doesnt work please check for the answer in support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Friday, February 15, 2008 9:45 PM
  • Sebastian's solution corrected the problem and was much appreciated. Thank you Sebastian.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 3:23 AM
  • I am having the same problem.  I have checked those 4 items, but no joy.  It says I have a tune-up in progress, but when I open LOC it says my sweep has been completed.  Is there anything else I can do to either get rid of the icon in the tray or get it to open so I can see WTF is going on?

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 2:39 AM
  • Have you tried rebooting the PC?

-steve

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 6:55 PM