none
Unable to view preview images

Question

• I am running Image Composite Editor on Windows Vista.  The program stiches the images successfully but does not display the preview.  The message dispayed is:  'Preview is unavailable.  Could not create Direct3D9 texture from shared handle'.

Is there a way of overcoming this problem?

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:41 PM

Answers

• Sorry, I don't think that there is. This is reporting that your graphics card does not support very basic features that we need in order to render the image.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:45 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Sorry, I don't think that there is. This is reporting that your graphics card does not support very basic features that we need in order to render the image.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:45 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

I have the exact same problem with the version of ICE I downloaded today (also a Vista user). My previous ICE worked normaly but was not proposing spherical panos. That's why I changed.

1st step: calculations seem to be working = all green

2nd step: 'Preview is unavailable.  Could not create Direct3D9 texture from shared handle'

Graphic card is ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

Old version I had before changing: 1.2.0

I have a lot of panos to do now, and no software to do it. Could you help please me find a solution even if it means getting back an old version?

Thanks in advance

• Edited by AimeHaine Tuesday, July 14, 2015 4:38 PM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:40 PM
  • I just downloaded ICE and experienced this identical problem,  The program will stitch the photos but no preview available and with the message " Could not create Direct3D 0 texture from shared handle".

My computer is running Vista and my graphic card is a Nvidia Gforce 8600GT.  The Nvidia graphic control panel has many 3D setting parameters but I don't understand which one causes ICE to give this error message.  any suggestion?

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:32 AM
  • That's total garbage.  My graphics card is sufficient to run current-gen PC games, but not a free photo stitch tool?

The previous version worked perfectly.  Multiple downloads of various crap and install and now I get nothing.  Thanks for nothing

Sunday, August 2, 2015 1:19 AM
  • has anybody come up with a solution to this one yet? I have the same problem, cannot really be spected to a graphics card that doesn't seem to have any problems with other common photo and display software. 
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 2:08 PM
  • 64 bit version of 2.0.3 running under windows 7 and no preview (no error message either).  It can create a panorama, but doing it blind the result does not tend to be useful.  I doubt my graphics card is that bad. Uninstalled and loaded the old 1.4.4. That works but it is disappointing not be able to use the new features.
    • Edited by Ristoxabc Saturday, June 3, 2017 5:27 PM typo
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:47 PM