validation problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have had to reload win xp on my old computer and cant get on the net at the moment.(modem problem) I have my original product code and my activation code, can I use them without getting on the net before my activation time runs out? (13 days left) my computer says my internal modem is working , but wont detect it when I try to dial out. tried everything I can think of and followed diagnostics etc and cant get it going, it was working fine prior to the re-load. checked interrupt port , its switched on etc etc. either i have to find a solution to that or activate off-line to get more time to fix it. help!!
    Friday, August 14, 2009 1:05 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can activate via phone.  When you tell the system to activate, you can use the option to call Microsoft.  You'll need the product code and they'll give you an activation code which you can type in manually into the computer.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 4:15 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can activate via phone.  When you tell the system to activate, you can use the option to call Microsoft.  You'll need the product code and they'll give you an activation code which you can type in manually into the computer.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Hi peteroleary01,

Sick Freak is correct, if you can't access the internet, use the Activate by Phone method. Hopefuly you will get the modem issue corrected before 13 days, but if not, at least this way you won't have to worry about XP going into an Unactivated Non-Genuine state.

Good luck with fixing the modem problem,
    Darin MS

Friday, August 14, 2009 4:49 PM
  • I realised that after I posted my request didnt notice at first cause i'm in australia and we are upside down here!! any ideas on my modem prob??
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:01 AM
  • Hello peteroleary01,

Unfortunatly, I'm not the best person to ask that question, but I do suggest posting the issue into one of the Windows XP Newgroups at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin MS
    Monday, August 17, 2009 4:44 PM