Activation RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a window xppro on Sept. 4, 2008 and I had a ASUS P4P800-SE motherboard installed at the time. My processor went bad and the hard drive crashed, so I went and installed a new motherboard a ASUS P5KPL-AM tried to recover the information on my hard drive and it kept telling me to format the drive, can I reinstall my windows disk with the product keys that I have or what do I have to do. Thank you James Vlaun
    • Edited by Stephen Holm Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:40 PM Removed your personal email address. Thank you stephen
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:31 PM

Answers

•  James,

You will need to call the product activation center and explain your situation. Ask them for help as your OEM System builder product key is tied to the initial motherboard which it was installed on.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:46 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:46 PM

All replies

•  James,

You will need to call the product activation center and explain your situation. Ask them for help as your OEM System builder product key is tied to the initial motherboard which it was installed on.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:46 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:46 PM
  • Thanks stephen for your prompt reply one other thinh how do I get the product actvation phone number.
    Thanks
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:37 PM