Creating workflow to run over all existing contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating a workflow (OnDemand) to change an attribute on the Contact Entity (well several actuially) and it works on any contact that I have highlighted, but I can't seem to figure out how to get this to run on All Contacts...

I am sure I have done this before but cannot seem to remember how I did it...;-\

Cheers and regards Rossco
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:32 AM

Answers

• you can search all contact based on your condition from Advance find and select all contact and run this workflow against them.

Mahain : http://mahenderpal.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by GrenadaV Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:47 AM

All replies

• you can search all contact based on your condition from Advance find and select all contact and run this workflow against them.

Mahain : http://mahenderpal.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by GrenadaV Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:47 AM
  • ...but only 250 contacts at a time; not a problem if you're CRM database is relatively small.

You can write an app with relatively little code to run an arbitrary workflow on each instance of a given entity; but it does require coding against the SDK.

--pogo (pat)
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

thanks both of you for your help.....we only have about 9000 contacts so it will be quicker for me to do them 250 at a time rather than getting into the code side of things..

Cheers and regards Rossco
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:09 AM
  • I created workflow for change count by 1 per 1 mints.

But it will automatically stops working when i log out or if i locked the screen it stops working.

i want this process should work continue in background still i log out.

how i can do this please help.

and what is synchronized and asynchronized workflow please let me know in detail what is diff in both.

and my work flow should work on all contacts.

even any other person login with there id still it have to work.

Thanks,

Ketan

Monday, May 5, 2014 6:54 AM