msxml 4.0 SP 3 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to install MSXML 4.0 SP3 for some days now so I can install Nero 2014.

During installation of MSXMI 4.0 SP3 Parser I have received the following error code:

"An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {74974F83-779E-3983-A06B-D689ABF345537}. HRESULT: 0x80070002."

I have tried installing in a clean boot; an on line dialogue with Microsoft Technical support (who will only work at a charge of $99!); and just about anything else I can glean from the WWW. All to no avail.

Please has anyone an answer?

• Moved by Barry Wang Friday, May 30, 2014 8:51 AM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:18 PM

Answers

• Matter now closed as it took me 10 days and 7 "starts from scratch" to rebuild my PC. Kept falling down at the refusal to install Windows 7 SP 1!!

The successful rebuild allowed the installation of the other software product without the need to install MSXML 4.0.

Still does not answer the question but the problem has gone away.

Regards,

David.

• Marked as answer by jsydt1 Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:20 PM
    Friday, July 4, 2014 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi jsydt1,

The error 0x80070002 means file not found and in this issue the component main missing from your source. How is the progress of your "Microsoft Technical support"? This forum supports creating setup project or ClickOnce project which is not related to the product installation. You may have to communicate with "Microsoft Technical support" first.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 30, 2014 8:50 AM
  • I am an elderly pensioner so $99 is a lot of money to pursue what I consider to be a Microsoft issue so I have gone no further with Microsoft Technical support.

I understand the error code means a file not found but what can be done about it?

Regards,

David.

Friday, May 30, 2014 9:04 AM
  • Further question:

If 0x80070002 means file not found - file not found where?? In the software installed on my PC or not found in the downloaded files of MSXML 4.0. I rather suspect the latter.

Regards,

David.

Friday, May 30, 2014 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Is anybody trying to answer my question? It's gone very quiet and why has my question been moved to Off Topic Posts? What does this mean - that no one else sees the communications??

Please, please help.

Friday, May 30, 2014 4:13 PM
  • Matter now closed as it took me 10 days and 7 "starts from scratch" to rebuild my PC. Kept falling down at the refusal to install Windows 7 SP 1!!

The successful rebuild allowed the installation of the other software product without the need to install MSXML 4.0.

Still does not answer the question but the problem has gone away.

Regards,

David.

• Marked as answer by jsydt1 Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:20 PM
    Friday, July 4, 2014 9:09 AM