Missing "folder options" in menu "Tools" in Windows Explorer in Windows XP professional RRS feed

• General discussion

• Because of virus action, (i allready cleaned the virus with an antivirus program), in my pc (Pentium 4), the option "folder options" in the menu "tools" in "windows explorer" is missing, (does not appear at all). That is as an administrator of the system (the operating system is windows XP  SP2) i canot see  "folder options" in the menu "tools" in "windows explorer". I revised from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3 but didnt solve the proplem. If i create a new user and log in as a new user (not the administrator) i can see "folder options" in the menu "tools" in "windows explorer", but i cant have access to hidden or system files because this is a simple user and not the administrator. Please tell me what to do (maybe a corrupted dll file...) so as when i log in as the administrator of the system to recover the missing "folder options" in the menu "tools" in "windows explorer" .
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:05 PM

All replies

• Because of virus action, (i allready cleaned the virus with an antivirus program), in my pc (Pentium 4), the option "folder options" in the menu "tools" in "windows explorer" is missing, (does not appear at all). That is as an administrator of the system (the operating system is windows XP  SP2) i canot see  "folder options" in the menu "tools" in "windows explorer". I revised from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3 but didnt solve the proplem. If i create a new user and log in as a new user (not the administrator) i can see "folder options" in the menu "tools" in "windows explorer", but i cant have access to hidden or system files because this is a simple user and not the administrator. Please tell me what to do (maybe a corrupted dll file...) so as when i log in as the administrator of the system to recover the missing "folder options" in the menu "tools" in "windows explorer" .
    You made a double post.

You may find success  >HERE <

Goodluck!

The Moon, My Crimson Sanctuary
    • Edited by Aiscer Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:35 PM fixed hyperlink
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:33 PM
  •  

You are off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Microsoft Security Esentials Beta

You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

This is not a general forum for viruses, spyware, or Windows Help. For help with spyware issues, you may want to try the forums here: 
    http://aumha.net/ For help with virus removal, contact the maker of your Antivirus program.
    If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:39 PM
  • To Stephen Boots:
    I know that I applied for help to the wrong forum, but as you might have understood I am a rookie in using forums and also I was quite despert!
    Anyway thank you for your interest and your guidelines.

To Aiscer:
    You really saved me, I was trying for weeks to find a solution. You gave me the correct answer and I fixed the problem!!!!!

To all of you guys keep doing what you do, that is helping people!!!!
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:22 AM
  • To Aiscer:
    You really saved me, I was trying for weeks to find a solution. You gave me the correct answer and I fixed the problem!!!!!

Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:24 AM
  • To Stephen Boots:
    I know that I applied for help to the wrong forum, but as you might have understood I am a rookie in using forums and also I was quite despert!
    Anyway thank you for your interest and your guidelines.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:25 AM