Response Group Alerts & Agent Presence RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that the response group service will only alert agents if:
      1) logged into the queue (if it's a formal queue) and
      2) the agent's presence is set to available

From what I gather, the RGS Presence Watcher is what monitors the presence of agents.

I can understand the desire for presence-based alerts, however, for our particular needs it would be best to see all incoming alerts, whether agents are available or not.  Does anyone know if there's a way to alter the response group service or presence watcher to alert all available agents regardless of their presence?
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:56 PM

Answers

• I didn´t find a solution with the Polycom CX700 phones, the only way that I find is to put a laptop with MOC nearby the phone, or put SNOM phones instead of polycom.

Thanks for everything.

Aitor
    Monday, November 2, 2009 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi
    I think it is by design. The agent must be a available agent.
    You can refer to below link
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2008.02.ocsim.aspx?pr=blog

Regards!
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:10 AM
  • ...or, use an end point that can be forced to report "Available" all the time.

In this case, the RGS will ring the Agent even if it is not physically present (but why would you do that?). However, once an Agent is "on call", RGS will bypass it.

Snom phones are capable of this and even further, if you disable "Report Phone State" function, OCS will not be alerted for "on call" status. I have not tested RGS in this scenario, thought.

Drago

• Proposed as answer by Aitor Martin Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:04 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Kenneth Carlson Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:52 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:17 AM
  • It has sence if you are using Polycom phones for agents without communicator in their laptops, for this cases it is necesary for the phone to be available all the time.
    Anyone knows a solution for this cases.

Thanks in advance.

Aitor
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:05 PM
  • Drago,

There's a Windows registry entry that makes it so that Communicator does not change the presence when someone answers the phone.  However, it causes a problem.  Yes, the presence stays "available", but when someone answers a call, then hangs up, the Response Group will no longer alert them until they change their presence, then changes it back to available.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:52 PM
  • Kenneth,

Aitor reffers to scenario where a user is equiped with Polycom CX700 (since CX200 is not a standalone endpoint by any meaning) and so, unless you know a way to alter the CX700 registry :-), registry changes replated to MOC is not a solution.

OCS must be aware the user being available to the EV (Communicator, Polycom CX700 and Snom 300 or 800 series with OCS firmware) which is achieved uppon sign-in from an endpoint.

Drago
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:25 PM
  • hi
    Any update for your issue?\

Regards!

Monday, November 2, 2009 2:57 AM
  • I didn´t find a solution with the Polycom CX700 phones, the only way that I find is to put a laptop with MOC nearby the phone, or put SNOM phones instead of polycom.

Thanks for everything.

Aitor
    Monday, November 2, 2009 8:51 AM