Windows 7 Office Activation after a crash RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Bought a new laptop with WIndows 7 Home and I added Offcie 2007 but I caught a virus and things went whacky - Outlook does not allow me to send or recieve as I" do not have permission to perform this task".  Anyway, no viruse was found but I reinstalled and when I went to activate I did it by phone and when I got to the question if i had installed this before- well stupid me siad yes as I had.  The message said that it was s ingle user license which it is an I was not authorized for multi-user  etc.

How do I go back to this step to -reactivate so I can talk to a person or not answer incorrectly.

Or do I have to reinstall it all over again?

Thanks for helping
    • Moved by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:35 PM Office issue moved to Office forum (From:Windows 7 Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows 7))
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:55 AM

Answers

• Vegan Fanatic: Slui 4 will start the Windows Activation Wizard, not Office.

Hi Mattove,

I recommend just doing the Activate by Phone again, but this time select the correct option.  It should then activate for you.  However, it that doesn't work, try the Activate by Phone yet again, but this time, don't enter anything into the phone prompt.  This should force the Phone Prompt to transfer you to a Live Activation Rep.  Explain the situation to the rep and they should help you get the Outlook Activated.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:34 PM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:34 PM

All replies

• Vegan Fanatic: Slui 4 will start the Windows Activation Wizard, not Office.

Hi Mattove,

I recommend just doing the Activate by Phone again, but this time select the correct option.  It should then activate for you.  However, it that doesn't work, try the Activate by Phone yet again, but this time, don't enter anything into the phone prompt.  This should force the Phone Prompt to transfer you to a Live Activation Rep.  Explain the situation to the rep and they should help you get the Outlook Activated.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:34 PM
  • Moving this thread to the WGA Office forum