MSCRM 3.0 : How to delete Unused Business Unit RRS feed

• Question

• Hai Expert..
    Anybody here can advise how to delete the unused business unit from MSCRM 3.0?

Current we only can set either to Active or Inactive.. But i need to cleanup this kind of thing for certain things..

Please advise.. TQ
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 8:17 AM

Answers

• I don't know if you have resolved this, but if not, there is no supported way to take this action.  You can open a ticket with Microsoft support and see if they are willing to assist with the change.  That would ensure whatever happens is supported.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, June 19, 2009 7:55 PM

All replies

• In a supported way? It can't be done. In an unsupported way? Deleting from the base tables will do the job.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 8:57 AM
  • Hai Leon..
    Thanx for the prompt respons..

Just to confirm with you.. did you mean BusinessUnitBase Table??

Then,

any other table that i need to aware too?
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:25 AM
  • I'm not sure which tables you'd have to hit but to figure it out I'd look at the SQL behind the BU FilteredView and see if that put me on the right track (I've just done a quick check and it, in turn, points to another view called BusinessUnit).

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 10:24 AM
  • I don't know if you have resolved this, but if not, there is no supported way to take this action.  You can open a ticket with Microsoft support and see if they are willing to assist with the change.  That would ensure whatever happens is supported.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, June 19, 2009 7:55 PM