Home network will have 4 PC and two laptops - How do I use OneCare? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am trying OneCare on a trial basis now. I currently have 4 PCs at home - desktops for my myself, my wife and each of my daughters. My daughters want to switch to wireless desktops, and I want to use one of the laptops so the LCD HD TV can be either a TV monitor or be used to to connect to the internet. The price for OneCare that is mentioned is for 3 hgome PCs. Do I have to buy a whole seperate subscription for the other three, or can I add the other three onto the first subscription?

As it appears OneCare is still being tried out, will Microsoft be revising this program based on customer requests?

Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:31 AM

Answers

• At this time, a subscription for OneCare is limited to 3 computers installed with the same LiveID that become part of a Circle. If you have additional computers, you'd need another subscription for up to 3 more PCs and that subscription would need to activated with a different LiveID. The additional computers cannot become part of the first Circle.

We are hoping for a solution in the future (and I hope it is the near future) that will allow you to purchase licenses to add to your subscription.

I have quite a few computers and have 3 subscriptions under different LiveIDs. To take full advantage of the Circle functionality of OneCare, they should be on a single subscription, but that isn't an option today.

-steve

Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:30 PM