none
What/where is the official C# logo RRS feed

• Question

• Hi;

Any idea what the official C# logo is and where I can grab a copy? (Also, if you know the same for C++ & VB - that would be good too.)

thanks - dave

Very funny video - What's your Metaphor?
    • Moved by Mike Dos Zhang Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:23 AM not belong to the C# forum (From:Visual C# Language)
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 1:04 AM

Answers

•  

Hi  DavidThi808,

As far as I know, there's no C# logo.

And since this question does not seem a C# technical question, and I also have not found any forum supports such topic question, so I move this thread here.

Best wishes,

Mike [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:20 PM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

I don't know of any official C# logo. I know the VS 2010 Image Library, but I didn't see anything inside about that.

There are a few symbols, that you might choose, but be carefull: You do not have any rights to use pictures as long as the owner of the rights don't grant them to you!

And we can even start a philosophic discussion about the topic "What is the official C# logo"? C# is a programing language which is open. Everyone can build up his own c# compiler (e.g. mono project). So you can just take the "MS C# Logo" if something like that exists or a "mono c# logo"....

What I also remember: There is a set of images that microsoft released that are free to use. But I was unable to find that again and when I remember correctly there was nothing like a c# logo inside. Maybe someone else knows more about that.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by vijaykamat Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:04 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by DavidThi808 Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:16 PM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:01 AM
  • afaik, there's no such thing called "official logo" for any programming language.

except the creator/owner/company that provide the compiler/tool, like m$ or visual studio logo.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:21 AM
  • hi Kelmen,

afaik, there's no such thing called "official logo" for any programming language.

What about the Java coffee cup?

Microsoft MVP Office Access
    https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Stefan.Hoffmann
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:32 AM
  •  

Hi  DavidThi808,

As far as I know, there's no C# logo.

And since this question does not seem a C# technical question, and I also have not found any forum supports such topic question, so I move this thread here.

Best wishes,

Mike [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:20 PM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:22 AM
  • Bingo :)
    Very funny video - What's your Metaphor?
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:17 PM