SQL Express Client sync provider Snapshot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are trying to make 2 SQL Express databases synchronize. And use snapshot at initial synchronization..
    After that use bidirectional sync.

When i try to sync with snapshot, the ChangesDownloaded value is 85, but no changes are applied.
    I'm using the Adapterbuilder, and had a look at it. It doesn't create a InsertCommand if the direction of the builder is on Snapshot.
    So I changed it to bidirectional(at Adapterbuilder) so it generates an InsertCommand..
    But still the synchronisation doesn't work.

Someone that experianced the same problem?
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 3:26 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:09 AM

Answers

• i found this should be changed in the SqlClientSyncProvider class

public override SyncContext ApplyChanges(SyncGroupMetadata groupMetadata, DataSet dataSet, SyncSession syncSession)

{

//Map SyncDirection from client POV to our internal server POV

foreach (SyncTableMetadata tableMetadata in groupMetadata.TablesMetadata)

{

if (tableMetadata.SyncDirection == SyncDirection.DownloadOnly || tableMetadata.SyncDirection ==   SyncDirection.Snapshot)

{

//This SyncDirection DownloadOnly/Snapshot is from a Client point of view. But our client is inturn a Server provider.   Hence switch this to UploadOnly

tableMetadata.SyncDirection = SyncDirection.UploadOnly;

}

else if (tableMetadata.SyncDirection == SyncDirection.UploadOnly)

{

//This SyncDirection UploadOnly is from Client POV. But our client is inturn a Server provider. Hence switch this to DownloadOnly

tableMetadata.SyncDirection = SyncDirection.DownloadOnly;

}

}

SyncContext syncContext = _dbSyncProvider.ApplyChanges(groupMetadata, dataSet, syncSession);

foreach (SyncTableMetadata table in groupMetadata.TablesMetadata)

{

SetTableReceivedAnchor(table.TableName, groupMetadata.NewAnchor);

}

return syncContext;

}

now snapshot is working...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:01 AM

All replies

• I'd like to add that I'm using the SqlExpressClientSyncProvider from the examples...
    I've been looking in the ApplyChangesMethode. And the DbSynProvider has a table adapter with appropriate InsertCommand...

So I guess the Sync Framework doesn't support Snapshot yet?
    Or do i need to change something to my SqlExpressClientSyncProvider class perhaps?
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:26 AM
  • i found this should be changed in the SqlClientSyncProvider class

public override SyncContext ApplyChanges(SyncGroupMetadata groupMetadata, DataSet dataSet, SyncSession syncSession)

{

//Map SyncDirection from client POV to our internal server POV

foreach (SyncTableMetadata tableMetadata in groupMetadata.TablesMetadata)

{

if (tableMetadata.SyncDirection == SyncDirection.DownloadOnly || tableMetadata.SyncDirection ==   SyncDirection.Snapshot)

{

//This SyncDirection DownloadOnly/Snapshot is from a Client point of view. But our client is inturn a Server provider.   Hence switch this to UploadOnly

tableMetadata.SyncDirection = SyncDirection.UploadOnly;

}

else if (tableMetadata.SyncDirection == SyncDirection.UploadOnly)

{

//This SyncDirection UploadOnly is from Client POV. But our client is inturn a Server provider. Hence switch this to DownloadOnly

tableMetadata.SyncDirection = SyncDirection.DownloadOnly;

}

}

SyncContext syncContext = _dbSyncProvider.ApplyChanges(groupMetadata, dataSet, syncSession);

foreach (SyncTableMetadata table in groupMetadata.TablesMetadata)

{

SetTableReceivedAnchor(table.TableName, groupMetadata.NewAnchor);

}

return syncContext;

}

now snapshot is working...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:01 AM