visual studio 2005 service pack 1 RRS feed

• Question

• yesterday one care turns yellow for a needed update , I click the one care "go to the update website button" and as soon as I click on it one care turns green again !

the visual studio 2005 service pack 1 downloads and installs , then the installation tells me that the service pack was not installed.

today my one care was yellow again , I click the one care "go to the update website button" and as soon as I click on it one care turns green again !

it says that the needed download is 0kb and will take 0 minutes to download .

probably because one care update checks if it has it already , as it was downloaded yesterday.

will this happen every day?

I have really enjoyed my one care.

and hope this will help to improve my one care.

thanks.

P.S. this might help... I dont have visual studio 2005 , I have visual studio 6 , I did get the visual studio 2005 for the sql 2005 tools in a download I think
    but it is only used for the sql 2005 express , I believe.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
    Version 8.0.50727.762  (SP.050727-7600)
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 2.0.50727 SP2

Installed Edition: IDE Standard

Installed Products:

SQL Server Reporting Services  
    Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers
    Version 9.00.4035.00
    Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers
    Version 9.00.4035.00

below are the targets of the visual studio 2005 service pack , I dont recall having any of these. 

Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 updates 

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005,
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team System,
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System,
    and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Explorer

Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:56 PM

Answers

• I've moved your post to the Tune-up forum, as this is the aprt of OneCare that checks for missing updates from Microsoft Update.

The behavior that you encountered, which is that OneCare continues to turn green after you click the link within OneCare to visit Windows Update is normal. However, as long as it thinks that you are missing important or critical updates, it will go back to yellow again. OneCare does not download and install updates from Windows Update, it only checks the catalog against what you have installed. If an update is listed as important or critical and it has not been installed, OneCare continue to nag you. Visit Windows Update manually and check for updates. Look at the optional updates, too, as the IE8 compatibility list is offered as an important, yet optional update. Install all updates listed as important/critical.
    I can't speak to the specific Visual Studio update you are being offered. If you have any part of VS 2005 installed, I would expect that it is going to need that update.
    If there are no missing updates - important or critical - then please contact OneCare support for help:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:05 PM