hdsetup_1_10 issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded the file so that I can use the photoshop export option.
    However everytime I run the installer it runs and installs something but what I can't seem to understand is I'm downloading a photoshop plugin which I just can't see anywhere after its run.
    I'm running windows 7 64 bits

secondly do i still have to upload my 2.7 gigapixel pano onto my server or does it get uploaded to microsofts dedicated servers and I just attach a link to my website for having it made viewable?
    Please excuse me, I'm new to this kind of tech.

much regards
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:19 AM

All replies

• Had alook at the earlier post and had my first question answered.
    Although I can make it run in 32 bit, cs4 in 64 bit doesn't read the plug in.

However I'm still wondering about upload to the server.
    If each pano is going to weigh over 300mb, I might have to get a dedicated server. and thats mucho dinero.
    Whats the best solution to gigapixel panos?

Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:05 PM
  • Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:51 PM
  • Yeah thats one way,
    But isn't there a system like vimeo with HD view where you copy the link and viola.

So gigapixel images are still to find a economical way into the community as fast servers are not necessarily most widely available.
    Anyways.
    If I need to put a few on my website, what would recommend?
    Any good service providers for this kind of work?And what the minimum disk space one would have to start with. 1 terrabyte ?
    Getting a dedicated server is a rather expensive option. but is that what most people are doing to show their gigapixel images?
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:39 PM
  • The new version of ICE allows you to upload large panoramas to Silverlight.

from what I can see in this example http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=1592a782-1ed6-457b-9023-31424db7ec34

It gives you the embed code so you can put it on your site.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:59 PM